Saturday 23 January 2016

Sparkling Holographic Valentines Day Manicure



Hi NaiLovelies!

I recently reviewed two new Crystal Clear Stampers and thought what better opportunity to put them to the test along with the gorgeous Erin from Magpie Glitter which I also used to create this pretty pastel Valentines day manicure.

  



Erin arrived earlier this week from the fabulous Magpie Beauty and as soon as I saw her twinkling away in the Magpie jar, I couldn't wait to soak off my last manicure so I could free her.  I absolutely love this blush toned pink when it comes to clothing and nail polish and I think it is a perfect examole of the Pantone Colour Of The Year for 2016 - Rose Quartz and it works well with my skin tone.  

I have been working towards creating a resource for colour swatched on darker skintones.  The purpose of which is to make it easier for people to gain an idea of whether a colour type or particular polish will work for them.  This project is in the early stages, recently I have been using the hashtag #swatchesondarkerskin on both relevant Facebook and Instagram posts.  Hopefully, this will not only be a resource for people looking for a particular polish but perhaps it will kick-start professional, indie and drugstore brands to showcase their products on a more diverse variety of complexions and share the love with a wider consumer demographic. 



For the base colour beneath Erin I used IBD Ooh La Lace, a lovely dusty rose creme which applied easily in three coats.

I used two different techniques to apply the glitter.  On my index finger I sprinkled the glitter onto a thin uncured layer of the gel polish before curing and brushing off the excess and topcoating.  I used three coats until smooth.  This is a method which I recently picked up from Sarah, the lovely owner of Magpie Beauty.  On the middle finger and thumb I burnished the glitter into the tacky layer of the cured gel polish as normal before topcoating twice.




The base colour underneath Magpie Glitter Blossom is IBD Carte Blanche a gorgeous opaque white creme which applies in three coats and can also be seen on my ring finger - minus the glitter.  Don't forget you can click the images for a higher resolution image to really see that glitter sparkle.


For the stamping, I used Uber Chic 4-03 image plate and used a metallic regular polish from Pure Ice called Outrageous.






I love vampy colours but there is something about a romantic pastel pink manicure like this that just gets me and I love how this one turned out.

Check out my review of the Crystal Clear Stampers to see the even more sparkle of this manicure and how easy it is to place an image with these awesome stampers.






Ciao 4 Now

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig