Monday 16 November 2015

Gel II & Glitter & Nail Foils...Oh My!!!



Hi NaiLovelies!

I have been playing with gel polish and nail art again and this time I have tried a technique which is pretty new to me  - nail foils!



Yep I am so late on this one but to be fair, I have never really had much interest in foils until now even though I had a few in my stash of nail art supplies and some adhesive.  I thought  I would order a few new foils to reignite my interest in this nail art technique and this is what I came up with.....




I covered my thumbs with the deliciously uber-pigmented Gel II Passion, I then made up a glitter mix to cover this berry toned gel polish using Magpie Glitter Lou-Lou and Sidone.  I love this combo so much!






Turns out I'm a huge new found fan of this nail foil malarky!  I purchased these nail foils from eBay.  They are very pretty and incredibly easy to use.

Below you can check out the video tutorial I made which shows how I created this jewel toned mani.




It was super easy to transfer the image after following the tips I picked up from Dixiegirlxox.  In a one of her videos she recommended curing the foil adhesive in the LED or UV lamp prior to putting the nail foil on.  Strangely enough, curing the adhesive speeds up the drying time and seemed to make it more sticky so there were absolutely zero gaps in the foil when transferred.  Result!!!







I love how this manicure turned out, the glitter the gel polish colours and the nail foil all work so well together.  I have had this manicure on my nails for 6 days and it is holding up very very well, no chips, no lifting and no tip wear.  Very impressive!!

Ciao 4 Now
Share:

4 comments

  1. These are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!

    Is your pinky plain old La La Me, or did you put glitter over it too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!

      Yes, my pinky is just LaLa Me. It's a gorgeous scattered holographic lilac. Very unique gel polish.

      Delete

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig