Wednesday 30 September 2015

OPI GelColor - Worth A Pretty Penne



Hi NaiLovelies!

Autumn is now upon us so I figured what better time to show you some fab polishes from the new OPI Venice Collection, in Gelcolor formula.

So without further ado, today I would like to show you the gorgeous Worth A Pretty Penne.



Copper with silver flecks

Venice Collection 2015

Excellent

Two




For this manicure, I used plate 3 from Collection 4 by Uber Chic.  I love this image so much and recently used it on a clients nails for an interesting twist on a traditional French manicure.

I used Essie Penny Talk as my stamping polish because it matches Worth A Pretty Penne perfectly in terms of the copper tones.  I then added topcoat over the stamped image.

After topcoating I placed a Swarovski crystal in the centre of the flowers and then placed individual pieces of Cuccio Bean There Done That glitter around the crystal to add more depth and then dotted Sally Hansen Karat Cake gelpolish over the flower petals for some shimmer.  I then coated with two more coats of topcoat, I would normally use two coats over stamping.  However, as I stamped the image onto my bare nail to create a negative space effect I used three this time for some additional strength.





Worth A Pretty Penne is a gorgeous colour and I am very pleased to add it to my collection.  Initially, I thought it would be a dupe for A Real Show Copper but it isn't - fortunately, Worth A Pretty Penne has a less shimmery/shiny finish and is a darker richer shade of copper.  Also, the addition of the silver flecks makes Worth a Pretty Penne very unique.

I really like this colour and the thick formula which is incredibly easy to apply with no shrinking, pooling or flash curing.  The application of this polish reminds me of my favorite OPI GelColor formulas for Wonderous Star, On Her Majesty's Secret Service and Next Stop The Bikini Zone.


I have actually purchased most of the Venice Collection and swatches of this collection can be found over on my FaceBook Page and also on my Instagram feed.

Ciao 4 Now

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig