Thursday 12 June 2014

OPI Gelcolor I Just Can’t Cope-Acabana


Hi NaiLovelies!

I’m back again and this time I have a gorgeous swatch of OPI Gelcolor, I Just Can’t Cope-Acabana to share with you.  What better colour to end on as this is the last of my picks (for now!) from the OPI Brazil collection as yellow features in the flag of Brazil, this years host of the 2014 FIFA World Cup which kicks off tonight.




I Just Can’t Cope-Acabana is a vibrant yellow which I think works well with my skintone.  Personally I find yellow to not be the easiest colour to wear but it appears that this particular shade of yellow just works on everyone I have seen swatch it thus far.  It’s an awesome colour!!!

This is the second time I have swatched I Just Can’t Cope-Acabana but the first time around I wasn’t happy with how the colour translated to camera so I decided to swatch this again and photograph it in natural light – et voila, the colour is pretty darn accurate second time around.




The formula of OPI Gelcolor I Just Can’t Cope-Acabana was pretty streaky and took three coats to reach full opacity.  Other than the streakiness the formula is okay and I found that it didn’t pool into the cuticles or shrink back from the free edge once capped.   By all accounts the regular polish version has a great formula so I plan to get it when Sally’s have their next VAT free day!  When I have it in my hands I will be sure to share comparison swatches with you.





 Although this vibrant yellow is not exactly the same hue as the yellow used in the Brazil flag, I thought it was appropriate to try my hand at a little nail art.  I had been studying thistutorial by Lucy’s Stash only last week so I thought it was fitting to try out my first ever dotted swirl manicure!




 It’s not perfect but for a first try I am pretty happy with how it turned out.  I used a small dotting tool and Sally Hansen In Record Lime and Blue By! for the dots.  I alternated the colour used in the centre of each nail but I’m not sure if you can tell...  I am shocked that the suggestion of creating a World Cup related manicure came from my boyfriend as is about as interested in football as he is in nail polish, i.e. that not interested at all!  I appreciate the suggestion and I like how the manicure turned out!



I have enjoyed sharing these OPI Brazil swatches with you as I have worn them and giving a full and honest review on each of them individually.

I am really impressed with the entire collection and I plan to add OPI Scores A Goal, I Sao Paulo Over There, Taupe-less Beach and Red Hot Rio to my stash as this is certainly a collection worth having in its entirety and I'm well on my way to achieving that.

Ciao 4 Now
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig