Monday 26 May 2014

OPI Gelcolor Where Did Suzi’s Man-go?



Hi NaiLovelies!

After quite a number of regular nail polish manicures which I have shown you on the blog over recent weeks, I am back with another OPI Gelcolor manicure.  This time I am featuring the unique and not to mention super gorgeous, Where Did Suzi’s Man-go?  This is another of my picks from the OPI BrazilCollection and I thought it would be a great colour to wear for my holiday!!!



Where Did Suzi’s Man-Go? is a mango toned, rich peachy crème which is totally unique in my collection.  It is bright but at the same time muted if that makes sense.  It is a very easy orange polish to wear and I found that it goes with everything, which is particularly important when picking a polish to wear when you’re on holiday and have specific outfits to wear.  It was my birthday this time last week and as a treat to celebrate the big day, the boyfriend and I decided to get away for a few days to the beautiful island of Sicily.   




I purchased this colour in both Gelcolor and regular polish formulas as I love the colour and think it will be a great colour to use for a long lasting manicure and nail art such as stamping/decals.  Also, having the regular polish means I can touch up any potential chips should they happen, without the need to cart around my lamp and gel polish paraphernalia when packing space is at a premium!




The regular polish formula of Where Did Suzi’s Man-go? is such a delight to work with!  It applies smoothly in two easy coats and dried to a glossy finish relatively quickly.  This is in contrast to the Gelcolor formula which I found streaky during application.  On my first try it took four coats to get a nice finish!

Don’t get me wrong, there are some colours or layered manicures which require four coats and I will endure this if I think the colour/manicure is worthy of this, luckily Where Did Suzi’s ManGo? is such a colour because it is unique as it is beautiful in equal measure, but jeeesh, it is annoying sticking your hand in a lamp so many times for one mani!!!

Personally, I can’t stand it when it takes soooooooooo looooooooong to go through application and curing process when applying a streaky polish (if it’s streaky and shrinks too it’s even worse!)  I tend to avoid polishes which take too many coats to apply, but I love this colour so much I just put up and shut up (apart from moaning about it in the post obviously)...!!




The pictures used in this post are from my second attempt as my first application wasn't really up to blogging standards as I was in a rush to get in the cab and to the airport.... For the second application I used three coats, the second a little thicker than the first and last and it made a massive difference.  I guess some colours require you to adapt your technique!

I experienced zero shrinkage or wrinkling and shook this polish for 2 minutes in my Robart Paint shaker and warmed the bottle on my thigh prior to application.

As I have both formulas I have taken the opportunity to compare them for you, so you can see them side by side.  For this comparison I have layered the regular polish formula over the Gelcolor formula (as I did when I compared Deutcsch You Want Me Baby? earlier this year.


OPI Gelcolor Where Did Suzi's Man-Go? on the index and pinky fingers, regular polish version of the same polish is on the middle and ring fingers for comparison.

As you can see there is only a very slight difference in colour as the Gelcolor formula is slightly darker than the regular polish version but it's barely noticeable.  This may or may not be wholly accurate due to the fact that shortly after release the ‘brights’ from the Gelcolor Brazil collection were recalled due to inconsistencies which affected some batches.




I am not sure if my bottle was one of those affected, but seeing as I was pretty quick off the bat when ordering I think it is fair to assume that I stood a high chance of having one of the recalled bottles. To be honest, I am more than happy with the colour I have besides, I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle of returning it to the seller!   


Where Did Suzi’s Man-Go? – OPI Gelcolor
Where Did Suzi’s Man-Go? – regular polish
I purchased my bottle of Where Did Suzi’s Man-Go? from ADKNail on eBay.




Overall, I am extremely pleased with the colour, I just wish that application was a little easier but that said, it feels really good to have my full soak off gel comfort blanket on again as it’s been such a long time! 

Ciao 4 Now
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig