Sunday 20 April 2014

My First Easter Manicure


Happy Easter NaiLovelies!!!!!!

Today I've been dabbling in a little nail art again.  In between a day out  at the not-so-local bowling alley (a.k.a. the kiss of death for long nails!) and cooking up a storm in the kitchen for our Easter Sunday meal, with a spicy Caribbean twist, it has been a hectic day.....But I managed to shoe horn in a manicure to share with you all.


I had a look at my supplies and drew a blank.  So I just pulled out my polishes as I always do when I don't know what the heck I'm doing and took it from there. 


Lychee -  Barry M
Butter-Fly Stroke! - Sally Hansen Insta Dr
Cantankerous - Mentality Nail Polish
Beige Blast - Sally Hansen Insta Dri
Bright Orange - Max Factor
HK Girl Topcoat
Swarovski Aurora Borealis Crystals
Gold Oval Studs 
Ciate Caviar Beads




I really wanted to enter into the spirit of things and create a manicure.  Alas, without suitable stamping plates or artistic ability, I was stumped for what to do.  I knew I wanted to have yellow in the manicure somewhere....




I'm not really a 'cutesy' kinda gal.  Despite my 'It's Blooming Springtime' manicure last week (which I loved and wore for four days!) my comfort zone isn't really cute stuff like bunnies, eggs and chicks which tend to be the norm for this time of year.




I was trying to find other Easter'ish colours in my collection - apparently I don't do pastels either (something which I plan to change in my gel collection in the not too distant future!).  The first polish I started with was Barry M Lychee which is one of the most pastel colours I own and it's a great neutral.  The rest kinda fell into place....





I'm really pleased with how this manicure turned out, in particular my take on an Easter egg embellished with jewels like an exquisite Faberge egg - created with my limited nail art supplies and practice in creating nail art. 








I really like all of the colours and the fact that there is a mixture between high street and indie polishes.  I have a new found love in particular for the Max Factor Bright Orange which despite its tiny bottle applied perfectly.  Cantakerous by Mentality Nail Polish brought all the colours together incredibly well and I never even considered wearing Butter-Fly Stroke or Beige Blast for a manicure before now as they were purchased with the sole intention of stamping, but I was really impressed with these colours - although they did take three and four coats respectively to reach full streak free opacity. 




There are still a few days left of my first blog giveaway so please feel free to enter.  

Don't miss out as the giveaway closes on 22nd April.

The prizes are a Sensationail Raspberry Wine Starter Kit (UK prize) or a $25 Mentality Nail Polish Gift Certificate (US prize).


Ciao 4 Now
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig