Monday 27 January 2014

Shoot The Butterfly by Crows Toes

  
Hi NaiLovelies!

 I've been having a bit of a play in my polish this evening and have a swatch of another stunner from Crows Toes.  I think I may have saved the best of my Crows Toes polishes till last...  This is Shoot The Butterfly and it is absolutely gorgeous!  I love everything about it!!!!


Shoot The Butterfly is part of the Spring THIS 2013 release which also included the beautiful Milquetoast.  Both polishes in my opinion are stunning and are unique in my growing collection.

I realised that Shoot The Butterfly was the perfect polish to team with my current OPI Gelcolor Deutsch You Want Me Baby? manicure.

 


 Shoot The Butterfly is a black jelly with warm orange holographic hex glitter, small matte white hex glitters and tiny super sparkly holographic hex glitters.  For this manicure I layered two coats of Shoot The Butterfly over black undies (Nails Inc New York Noir) I had alot of trouble capturing the true beauty of this polish including the glowing shimmer from the holograpic hexes.




 As you can see I got a little creative with this mani and decided to bust out my stamping plates.  Once again I used the MoYou XL plate.  They are super easy to use and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to stamp a butterfly on this mani - it would have been rude not to.  Infact, I had two amazing butterfly images so I used them both, one on my middle finger and the other on my thumb.




 I think Shoot The Butterfly is a beautiful polish and kinda makes me think that an Admiral butterfly has been smooshed into the bottle!  Not in a bad insect harming way of course.  Crows Toes has captured all of the beauty of one of the most magnificent buttlerflies in this polish and in the process has created something truly special!  I purchased my bottle of Shoot The Butterfly from Llarowe along with Milquetoast and Indian Summer.




I'm happy to say that this polish applies like a dream!  The jelly formula applies incredibly well to the nail and as do the glitters which just flow onto the nail with ease.  There is no need to dab this polish on, the base and plethora of glitters glide easily onto the nail.  I am a sucker for a jelly formula which applies easily, I don't have many jellies but I think I have hit the jackpot with the ones that I do own!



One coat of Shoot The Butterfly

Two coats of Shoot The Butterfly over black undies

Side by Side comparison

 
Shoot The Butterfly - Crows Toes
New York Noir - Nails Inc


These are the stamping images I used for this mani.  The image in the top right is on my thumb and the image on the bottom left is on my middle finger


I think I prefer the stamped image used for my thumb.

 I added some of the orange hexes to the wing tip of my thumb and some of the white hexes to the main part of the wings.  In hindsight, I probably should have added more of the white glitters but I am very happy with how this manicure turned out.


Ciao 4 Now

Share:

2 comments

  1. omg this is so pretty!! love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I know you love a good nail polish too :)

      Delete

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig