Saturday 11 January 2014

IBD Just Gel Polish Perfectly Paisley


Hiya NaiLovelies!

Today I have a sumptuous swatch of IBD Just Gel Polish in the shade Perfectly Paisley from the Mad About Mod collection, which was released in late 2013.




Perfectly Paisley is a decadent blackened deep purple with a creme finish.  It is very dark purple and with a super shiny finish which reminds me of aubergines (eggplants). 




  In the bottle this polish looks purple, when cured on the nail it looks almost black!  This really reminds me of OPI's cult classic Lincoln Park After Dark (LPAD).  When I first saw a swatch of Perferctly Paisley swatched by Michelle over at Manic Talons, I knew I had to have this one in my collection so I could use it when I wanted a super easy to apply alternative.....!!!!  




    Lincoln Park After Dark was one of the first OPI Gelcolor polishes I purchased.  As you can see from the picture below showing swatch sticks of both, LPAD is a tad darker than IBD Perfectly Paisley.  However, when on the nail to me they look incredibly similar. I love the intense colour of LPAD, but the formula is probably one of the trickiest I have in my collection, whereas Perfectly Paisley has one of the best formulas I have encounterered for a creme soak off gel polish. 


Top swatch stick is IBD Perfectly Paisley, bottom swatch stick is Lincoln Park After Dark

The formula of Perfectly Paisley is faultless.  It is incredibly creamy and flows nicely onto the nail.  It is a perfect two coater which is great for a dark colour like this.  The first coat applies a little streaky but this is easily rectified with a second thin coat which also covers any signs of VNL. 




Perfectly Paisley was a tricky little trickster to photograph, some photos looked black whilst others which had more light thrown at them showed the awesome purple tone.  The picture above is is one of the latter which I thought I'd also add to this post.  This is what the colour looks most like inside of the bottle.

I'm really pleased that I jumped at the chance to add this awesome IBD colour to my stash, I envisage it getting an awful lot of use because I just love a good vampy manicure and this totally fits the bill!

Ciao 4 Now
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments.....

© Simply Into My NAILS | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Crafted by pipdig